Total Pageviews

Monday 15 December 2014

Body Horror- Cabin Fever (franchise)


Cabin Fever

   I have heard a lot of people talking about Cabin Fever and how much they enjoyed it; so I decided to join in and give it a shot. I honestly do not know how I feel about this movie and I have mixed feelings when thinking of a rating.

   The plot is great and I was excited for the movie after reading it, but the only problem is that it was not properly executed. I felt as though there could have been a lot done to make this movie at least good. The acting was amateur and the directing could use some improvement.

   In the beginning of Cabin Fever I was infuriated by the old man who worked in the convenience store. His old fashion ways and choice of words would get anyone upset. By the end of Cabin Fever I realized why he said what he said, and it was actually funny to see him in that light considering his age.

RATING: 2/5


Spring Fever

   In my Cabin Fever review I expressed my sadness with the film especially with having different thoughts going into it. But I said that I did not want to disrespect the franchise so I decided to watch the sequel.

   Spring Fever is definitely better than the first; not a complete upgrade but it is better. With Spring Fever it is more comedy driven with hints seriousness tied in. The problem with first installment is that since the plot is so serious and then the dialogue is comedic it could not flow properly. Some horror films can have both seriousness and comedy but it cannot be equal; either more seriousness or more comedy not 50/50.

   Now the content of the movie, I do not know if it is because there is a younger cast or that the climax is during prom but I felt as though Spring Fever was Carrie inspired in a lot of ways. The lighting, the blood splatter, the riot to get out of the gym, everything just screams Carrie

RATING: 2/5


Patient Zero

   In Cabin Fever there were equal amounts of seriousness and comedy which made the movie suck. In Spring Fever there was more comedy, less seriousness which was alright and upgraded the franchise a little. Now, in Patient Zero there was more seriousness and less comedy which worked perfectly because the movie is about the origin of the flesh eating disease. 

   The Cabin Fever franchise is black comedy based and even though the first two did not go well for me, Patient zero did. The writers knew exactly when there should be comedy and when the dialogue should be serious; which in the first installment I felt as though there was confusion.

RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment