Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 November 2014

Houses of 1000 Corpses

Synopsis
   On October 30, 1977, Jerry Goldsmith, Bill Hudley, Mary Knowles and Denise Willis are on the road in hopes of writing a book on offbeat roadside attractions. When the four meet Captain Spaulding, a vulgar but friendly owner of a gas station and the "Museum of Monsters & Madmen", they learn the local legend of Dr. Satan. As they take off in search of the tree from which Dr. Satan was hanged, they pick up a young hitchhiker named Baby, who claims to live only a few miles away.

My Thoughts
* I wish I watched House of 1000 Corpses before or on Halloween, instead of after.
   House of 1000 Corpses is a movie that I assumed to be an overrated and overhyped cheap horror flick. Now, instead of going on about what I thought this movie was going to be like, let me enlighten you on what I now think. Houses of 1000 Corpses is now on my top favourite horror movies list; and that is a lot to say because most of the movies on my list are ghost/demon horror movies (i.e. The Grudge, The Ring).
   House of 1000 Corpses is not like other typical horror movies with clichés and cheap jump scares. It is a bizarre, twisted, and gruesome backwoods type of movie. House of 1000 Corpses can be compared to The Hills Have Eyes to a certain extent but in House of 1000 Corpses you get scared of people who bond over torturing other people.
   Now, let’s talk about my favourite character in House of 1000 Corpses; Baby Firefly. Baby is the young baby sister of the group of murderers. Her voice alone gets you scared, especially her laugh. I loved everything about her character from trying to seduce her victims to her dialog. Everything about her character was perfect for this movie.
RATING: 9/10
   Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment