Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 December 2014

Serial Killer- The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Remake)


   If you are following me on Instagram, @midhorror, you would know that I came up with a fun idea involving a cup filled with horror sub-genres. The first sub-genre I got was ‘Serial Killers’ so I decided to watch The Town That Dreaded Sundown (TTTDS) 2013 remake.

Synopsis
   While at the drive-in on Halloween during the annual showing of The Town That Dreaded Sundown, Corey Holland and Jami Lerner are watching the film. Realizing that she is not enjoying it, they decide to leave. While parked in a secluded area, they begin to talk and kiss, but Lerner sees the Phantom in the woods.

My Thoughts
   Finding out that the film was low budget so it could have the same filming style as the first made me like TTTDS even more. Though I have not seen the original I can see from the latest version that the original is a classic serial killer film.

   TTTDS is a serial killer movie that will be enjoyed by people who love a small town, young adult horror with a touch of maturity. There are numerous twists in this movie and near to the end I found myself thinking that every character was the killer; even the grandmother.

   Since I have not watched the original, I do not know if there are any similarities between the movies, other than the killer and the town of course; though at one point in the movie I felt like I was watching a 70’s horror film. Maybe it could have been because of the wardrobe or the setting; either way I enjoyed it.

   I have not watched a serial killer horror in a while and I would have to watch the original TTTDS to be a perfect judge of this version. I do however recommend it but not highly.


RATING: 3/5

   Don’t let the demons bite or do, YOU FREAKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment